We should know about 2019-nCoV, the New Novel Coronavirus 2019-nCoV as cases were found continiously. Some cases found in United States, Japanese, Thailand days ago. It is quite important for us to know about this Novel Coronavirus to keep us safe from it. Below is a guidance on some points you should know.
Guidance on: about 2019-nCoV – Novel Coronavirus
The WHO named the novel coronavirus: 2019-nCoV . Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) as denoted by WHO, also known as, Wuhan coronavirus, Wuhan seafood market pneumonia virus and Wuhan pneumonia,is a positive-sense, single-stranded RNA coronavirus. We also should know:
1. 2019-nCoV is Not SARS .
2. Three major elements of infectious diseases: source of infection, route of transmission, and susceptible population.
2.1. Source of infection : bats are natural hosts. The intermediate host is unknown. People should also be considered as the intermediate host.
2.2. route of transmission: at present, there are limited official reports on the transmission of people, so it can be inferred that the outbreak may not be ruled out, and the official strict monitoring is in progress.
2.3. susceptible population: 2019-nCoV would infect adults over 40 years old, rare children.
Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention about 2019-nCoV
3. Symptoms:about 2019-nCoV would have these symptoms: fever, dry cough, shortness of breath and dyspnea. Severe cases develop rapidly, and acute respiratory failure, renal failure and life-threatening can occur within a few days.
4. Treatment: virus infection, no specific medicine available, all treatments are symptomatic treatment, whether the disease can recover ultimately depends on self immunity. Basic treatments available include: isolation! C-ball, hormone, antiviral, antibiotic and supportive treatment if necessary. We still need to emphasize active prevention.
5. Prevention: the source of infection and susceptible population can not be changed, we can only find solution from the way of transmission. As ordinary people, staying away from the source of infection is the best prevention. Specificly:
5.1. Stay away from the hospital (the most concentrated place for the patients is the hospital, especially the emergency department, fever clinic and respiratory department);
5.2. Try to stay away from the crowded and closed environment, such as supermarket, fresh market, restaurant, etc.;
5.3. Try to avoid taking the subway bus and other closed people’s communication tools;
5.4. Keep basic hand and respiratory hygiene, wash hands frequently, and avoid fever and cough Sneezing people are in close contact with each other. If it is inevitable to appear in the above scene, wear disposable surgical mask (at least two layers) or N95 mask. The disposable mask needs to be replaced for up to 4 hours, or it needs to be replaced when it is soaked by water vapor and loses its protective effect.
Masks about 2019-nCoV
6. Make sure to protection and wear masks when going outside,try to avoid touching your face, eyes, or food. When you go home, you can wash your hair, take a bath, wash clothes, down clothes and other things that are inconvenient to wash every day. You can hang a balcony with strong wind. Before driving home, open all windows in advance for 10 minutes.
Above are some points about 2019-nCoV. Disclaimer.
You may see WHO for more about 2019-nCoV.